The Magnum Raptor II is a combination microprocessor and
phase-lock loop (PLL) controlled radio combining both high RF
performance with a user-friendly front panel. The Magnum Raptor is built
rugged to withstand years of use in harsh mobile environments. Although
engineered with mobile use in mind the Magnum Raptor, with the addition
of a high quality 20 amp regulated power supply, may be easily adapted
to fixed station operation.
The Raptor is equipped with Magnum’s exclusive “Dual Power”
system for ease of switching between 80 watts PEP Hi power and 25 watts
PEP Low power. The low power setting is for close proximity radio
contacts or when running an external amplifier.
For low power, simply place both controls to the down or
LOW position. (2w carrier and 25w peak) It is critical to keep the AM
transmitter’s peak to average ratio correct in order to prevent
your signal from being compressed or distorted and that is the reason
for 2 controls, insuring the correct peak to average ratio at all times.
- 10 Meter Amateur Transceiver
- AM / FM Modes
- True Dual Power Output - 80 & 25 Watts PEP
- Selectable Peak and Carrier RF Output Settings
- Front Panel Microphone Jack
- Blue Back Lit LED Display
- Built-In SWR Bridge
- S/RF/SWR Meter - Blue LED Backlit
- RF Gain and Microphone Gain Controls
- SWR / Calibrate Meter and Controls
- TURBO Digital Echo - A Magnum Exclusive!
- AMT - All Mode Talk-Back with Volume Control
- Roger Beep with On/Off Control
- Ext. Frequency Counter Jack on Rear Panel
- MARS / CAP Capable (Permits Required)
- 1 Year WarrantyMicroprocessor Controlled Transceiver