- Align synthesizer for exact frequency.
- Align the receiver stages.
- Align the squelch threshold.
- Align RX S-meter.
- Align Transmitter stages for maximum
- Adjust the AMC (not cut it) for loud
and clear audio.
AMC = Automatic Modulation Control
- Balance power tuning for even output
from 1 to 40.
- Adjust the Low Pass filter for maximum
attenuation above 40Mhz.
- Align SWR circuit to warn you at 3:1
- The radios SWR
accuracy even after calibration is poor.
Do not trust the SWR meter in any LX series radio.
- Align TX meter
- Add a resister in the Talkback circuit
to upgrade it and
make the talkback volume a bit louder and more usable.
- Add internal jumper to avoid ground
- Change fuse from 2A to 4A.
- How many Watts carrier and peak?